Thursday, February 08, 2007

Whats after this life?

This is a question that comes to my mind quite often. A question like this tends to get an answer based on beliefs of the person answering this question. Some say that you will be born again, some say that you will be judged and sent to either heaven or hell while others (like me) tend to believe that its the full stop to another life.

The same question popped in my head today but this time under a totally different circumstance. Our pet dog back home in Bangalore had to be put to a never ending and premature "sleep" today. Sitting here, all I could do was to hope that he slept well and that he is happy?? wherever he is. Well, if I think about this from my "pragmatic" point of view, the latter part of my last statement doesn't make any sense. But at this point in time, I don't want to believe the "pragmatic" myself.

Anyway, the fate of attachments: we know that we will have to let go one day and yet we don't see any point in living without them. Rest In Peace Rubel...you will be missed..

No comments: