Monday, May 30, 2005

Star Wars III



Watched this movie on sunday. There have been very rare occassions in my life where I have been totally engrossed in a movie and by its characters. This movie figures in that list. I must admit that I was (and still am) a 'star wars illiterate'. Hope I am not alone :-).

I felt that the storyline was averagish. Infact it kinda reminded me of some bollywood movies where twins get separated at melas (a.k.a carnivals) and they grow up to take revenge against the bad guy... :-).I couldn't hate the characters of Anakin and Chancellor Palpatine more. Visual Effects, I feel, have been better than in any other movie so far.

The walk back home including a refreshal of the movie, the chanting of the music and drawing out the imaginary LightSaber (a.k.a tubelight) accompanied by the low frequency ''ghhhhhheeeeennn'. Coincidentally, this noise is similar to the ones that some fluroscent lights make. Atleast the one in my kitchen does. Wonder where George Lucas gets his ideas from? ;-)

1 comment:

Adarsh Bhat said...

I must admit that I was (and still am) a 'star wars illiterate'. Hope I am not alone

Don't worry. There's atleast one person behind you. :)